Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Major Changes in Life

I posted about our adoptive son being in trouble with the law. This has been such a sad time of life, regarding how his "real needs" haven't been met. When he got in trouble, he was in his second boys home. From there he went to jail. There was a woman who knew him, that took him into her home. He didn't last long there - a few weeks. What is sad to me, is that I felt he needed to stay in jail. To experience concrete consequences for his behavior. He has had a history of working hard to be annoying. I'm not sure how many placements he's had since. Maybe 3 and has recently blown out of that one. So, he is moving again.

Meanwhile, we are making changes in our life to prepare for my husband to retire within a year. We really enjoy visiting our kids/grandkids. We hope to move closer, so we can see them more. They are growing up too fast. Ages - 7, 5, 3 1/2, 3 1/2, almost 22 months and another one due in Feb.

We got some chickens last March. It has been an interesting experience. And an ENJOYABLE one, for the most part. We have learned so much through having them in our backyard. Continual upgrading their living conditions. We ended up losing our rooster, due to how bad our winter has been. This was hard for us and we miss him. Going out and getting eggs is so much fun. We get more than we can eat. So then, hubby goes into making omelets mode. Which I don't mind at all.

I started a challenge this month that my daughter-in-law told me about. Remove the number of items each day for the date. Ex: One thing out on day one. 27 things out on the 27th. I'm way behind, but WILL get it done. I'm working on puzzles & games at the moment.

Life is full. There is more going on than I've shared; but we will be pretty busy until retirement. We might just go on a long road trip. We want to see all 50 states. We have been to Hawaii, so we can count that done (to help with fianances). I'd also love to see all or most of Canada. We now have a newer travel trailer that we'll enjoy.

No comments: